Wednesday, November 29, 2006

These Are a Few of My Encouraging Things

1. Through the Bible, prayer, family, and friends, God has often refreshed me lately. What a joyous gift it is to know Him and so often see Him work and answer our little prayers. How sweet it is to see the Bible come alive.

2. The gift of a new, used car from our family is a massive earthly blessing we really need but in no way deserve. God answers even our unspoken, broken-car groanings and saves us time and money, too.

3. Dinner with our Turkish friend last night was another huge blessing. I ran into him the other night at Bojangle's and re-introduced myself after a two-year absence. I invited him to dinner, and he happily accepted. We had a fun time last night talking about the (American) holidays, as well as the cultural differences between Turkey and the US. We had the opportunity several times to talk about Jesus.

4. Meeting Rick at the local car-care place was quite unexpected. Rick took my car in for an oil change, and when I came back later he asked if I was a Christian. When I responded, "yes," he said he knew by the way I ended our earlier conversation with, "Yes, I'll come to get the car soon, Lord-willing." Before leaving, I encouraged him to check out Treasuring Christ Church because of what the Bible says about the importance of the local church. God was certainly working there this morning.

5. The guys from church have been quite excited and helpful lately. I really enjoy our time together. They are eager to get together and study God's Word, and that fires me up, too.

6. God really moved on me the other day through Luke 14 to help the homeless and poor in our neighborhood. It has started small, with Joey on the corner, but we pray that our opportunities for mercy will increase as God's mercy increases.

7. Todd is back in town. Toddsky is one of my favorite buddies, and also is somewhat of a wanderer. He's been gone from our town for a year now and just returned the other day. It is a blessing from God to be able to talk and hang out with him more often, and I look forward to more of it.

8. The semester is almost over. I'm ready for a break.

So there you go, I pray that God uses these to encourage you of His power and grace in all of your life as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home