Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cool Hand Luke: The Band, The Music

Cool Hand Luke is my favorite band. Period. And here's the reason why: I've never heard a band who so musically combines Scripture with feeling, and who does it so well.

Check some lyrics from their last album, The Fires of Life:

"Friendly Jas"
I thank my God for every (Philippians 1:3) / Memory of you
The lessons learned and / The way the Spirit moved
I remember hearing “church is more than just a building”
I remember when we proved it true

Flowers fall and seasons change / And you know how we treat the rain
In times of drought we pray it comes / And when it falls we turn and run
The moon is new; you’ve left your seat / The time has come to go in peace
With my own hand the bow was strung / The arrow shot now falls beyond

Everything has changed / But our hope remains the same
I want you to know that I’ll be here / Through a hundred years of rain

************************

"I'm Not Running"
For the message / Of the cross is
Foolishness / To those who are perishing
But to us / Being saved
It’s the power / Of God (I Corinthians 1:18)

There’s no turning back / Unless we’re turning back to you

I’m not running away from this / I’m not falling asleep
I’m not taking a bribe from anyone for anything
I’m not running away from this / I’m not falling asleep
I’m not turning back on the one thing that I know

***************************
Their new album, The Balancing Act, is coming out on February 20, and I will be getting it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home