Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Men Leading in the Home (and the World)

I greatly enjoyed Randy Stinson's conference sermon on men leading in the home. (I wish I had time to listen to all of these conference sermons!) It especially hit me hard because I am not regularly practicing most of the things he mentions, but I want to.

So don't be scared off. It is a wonderfully insightful application of Biblical principles by the grace of God. The Lord has been using it in our family to press us on to rely on Him more in our direction, vision, and encouragement.

Also check out Randy's article version of this talk in the Southern Baptist Seminary magazine (it's a pdf file).

Randy is the current president of The Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. They have a vast and resource-filled website for thought on the theology and application of Biblical manhood and womanhood. They even have their groundbreaking, massive work, Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood online for free!

For at least three years now, God has been using CBMW's resources to move me to think Biblically and live more faithfully. I'm surprised I've never blogged on their ministry, but go check them out for faithful, Biblical exposition, especially if you struggle with these issues.

Praise the Lord for these gifts to His church!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home